We are a happy and positive school looking to appoint an effective, enthusiastic and talented Cover Supervisor to support the delivery of high quality learning experiences. This is a great opportunity for an established Cover Supervisor or a highly experienced Teaching Assistant looking to build on their knowledge and skills. Stifford Clays Primary School is an Ofsted ‘good’ school (2016 full inspection; 2019 Section 8 inspection) where “Staff and pupils work as a team with a ‘can-do’ attitude.” and “In lessons, most pupils try hard and enjoy learning. They are keen to do well.” (Ofsted 2019).
As a Cover Supervisor, you will have experience of:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy.
- Providing feedback to the classroom teacher on the pupil’s progress against lesson plans, conduct of the lesson. Keeping pupil related records.
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures.
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
- Providing additional support to teachers in classrooms, to carry out administrative tasks when not covering a class.
- Acting as a role model, setting high expectations of conduct and behaviour.
- Reporting pupil and school issues in line with the School’s policies for health and safety, child protection, behaviour management etc.
We are a multi-academy trust who wish to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- Competitive salaries
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school
- Becoming part of a growing organisation
- A health and wellbeing package
- A two week October half term.
Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.