Assistant Site and Grounds Manager
William Edwards School
William Edwards School is thriving secondary school based in Grays, Thurrock. We have a large site which includes extensive sporting facilities that comprises of a badminton centre, astro-turf pitch and spacious grounds. An Assistant Site and Grounds Manager is required to ensure that the school’s buildings, grounds, learning environment and other facilities are maintained and operate to the highest possible standard of provision. You will be part of an efficient and friendly team undertaking a variety of tasks. The successful candidate will be required to cover lettings of the school premises including evenings which will be encompassed within the weekly shift pattern.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in grounds maintenance a combination of some of the following; electrical, plumbing, carpentry and decoration skills would be an advantage
- Have caretaking experience ideally in a school setting
- Have grounds maintenance experience including pitch and track line marking
- Be hard-working, resilient and able to respond positively to competing demands
- Be an adaptable and confident team player
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which is a multi-academy trust that was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. Our colleagues are critical to achieving this vision and securing the best futures for our young people.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
- Generous leave entitlement
- Reduced gym membership at the school
- Becoming part of a growing organisation
- Local pension scheme membership
- A health and wellbeing package
Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please return your completed application form to:
HR Department, c/o William Edwards School, Stifford Clays Road, Grays, Essex RM16 3NJ
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.